contest: 15 words or less – can you do it?
So in honor of all the fun book releases this month (including A Conspiracy of Kings by Megan Whalen Turner–I will be posting my interview with her TOMORROW, March 23) AND my recently finished revision of The Elect, I’m going to host a contest. I want you to all finish your own novels. . . though not exactly how you think. Just write a story in 15 words or less and post it here.
Yep, that’s right. You only have 15 words to write a funny / adventurous / tear-jerking / whatever-you-want story.
Can you do it?
What you need to do:
- FIRST 1-2 entries: You must mention and link this contest in at least 2 places through your social media (ie: twitter, facebook, blog post, ect) — Give me the appropriate links so I can verify.
- For 2 additional entries, do one of the following (doing both = 4 entries): do Rule 1 AND follow me on twitter OR do Rule 1 add me to the sidebar of your own blog (no blog? Mention this contest in a comment to a blog you follow). Again I need the appropriate links so I can verify.
- You can enter up to 6 stories total.
- Submissions received after the contest deadline will be deleted.
- Submissions that have not given the links (either posting them or emailing them to me chersti.nieven [at] gmail [dot] com) will be disqualified.
- Post your story as a comment. (Go ahead… you know you want to!)
- Deadline is Friday, March 26, at midnight. Winners will be posted Tuesday, March 30 — make sure to check back then so you can get your prize!
Follow the rules to make sure your story doesn’t get disqualified.
First Place: The winner will receive a copy of This World We Live In by Susan Beth Pfeffer, which was just released this month (and if you already have a copy of that, we’ll switch out for a YA book of your choice at same price).
Honorable Mentions: To be announced!
I would give examples, but I don’t want to destroy your creativity!
So go ahead and get your creative juices flowing. . .and remember, you only have 15 words.