what books sold big in 2010 (or how you can become a bestseller)
For those who don’t follow Publisher’s Weekly, they released their book sales stats last week. So what are you guesses? Here’s the top 10 list for the hardcover children’s books. (see the main article here)
1. The Ugly Truth (Diary of a Wimpy Kid #5). Jeff Kinney. Abrams/Amulet (3,316,509).
2. The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella. Stephenie Meyer. Little, Brown/Tingley (2,284,066).
3. The Wimpy Kid Movie Diary. Jeff Kinney. Abrams/Amulet (1,656,631).
4. Mockingjay (Hunger Games #3). Suzanne Collins. Scholastic Press (1,493,654).
5. The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus #1). Rick Riordan. Disney-Hyperion (1,315,637).
6. The Red Pyramid (The Kane Chronicles #1). Rick Riordan. Disney-Hyperion (1,075,749).
7. Burned (House of Night #7). PC and Kristin Cast. St. Martin’s Griffin (1,020,279).
8. The Gift (Witch & Wizard #2). James Patterson and Ned Rust. Little, Brown (579,001).
9. Justin Bieber: First Step 2 Forever. Justin Bieber. HarperCollins (503,447).
10. Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy #6). Richelle Mead. Penguin/Razorbill (484,849).
Was it what you thought it would be? Any surprises or upsets?
And for those looking to write the best story ever, check out this post by Brodi Ashton. I was laughing so hard (even though this was from awhile ago), so I just had to share.