June 18, 2012 / Chersti Nieveen

Vote for your YA book crush

So over at The YA Sisterhood blog, they are having nominations for the coolest guys in YA. Take a second to go and add your nomination, and be careful to read the rules! Link here: http://ya-sisterhood.blogspot.com/2012/06/ya-crush-tourney-20-nominations.html

My friend, Brodi Ashton is asking for nominations for Jack (or Cole) from her book, EVERNEATH. Which is just awesome. So if you happen to have an extra spot on your nominations ballot, please vote for Jack/EVERNEATH. Because seriously, he deserves it. And Brodi needs 50 nominations to even get on the board. You can also nominate Noah/BACK WHEN YOU WERE EASIER TO LOVE (check out my review here)

So who are your nominations for YA hotties? (boys, go ahead and put your choice of female protagonists)

As for me, I was just sorry I couldn’t also nominate the  guys from the various WIP I’ve been beta reading lately. 😀

1. britters / Jun 18 2012 10:54 am

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!! it’s going to be hard to pick between the guys in the mortal instruments. JACE JACE JACE.

• Chersti Nieveen / Jun 18 2012 11:21 am

Actually, I think Jace is disqualified because he won the contest last year. There are other MORTAL INSTRUMENTS guys, though.

2. Kimi Liskin / Jun 18 2012 10:56 am

Ohhhhhhhh this is pretty awesome.

My votes probably aren’t very popular. I really liked that guy from Divergent (what’s his name?), and of course Peeta. But my other choices are from smaller books. Still fun, even if my nominations don’t make it. Do you know what happens after they pick from the nominations?

• Chersti Nieveen / Jun 18 2012 11:22 am

That’s how I felt about mine, too. A lot of my votes weren’t books that were big, like MISTWOOD and DRAGONFLY.

3. Summer / Jun 18 2012 10:58 am

Everneath was an amazing book. I creid.

4. Sarah / Jun 18 2012 11:04 am

I like the guys from Kristen Cashmores books. Graceling and Fire. Not Bitterblue, though. And I love Eugenides from the Thief, and Percey Blakeny. But he’s not YA. Christopher Chant and Cat Chant and the guys from The Hollow Kingdom series.

I can also tell you who I don’t like. 😉

5. Jill Stapley / Jun 18 2012 11:11 am

Sarah’s got a lot of good choices, but she missed a bunch of good ones. Marcia Mcclure for one.

6. Sarah / Jun 18 2012 11:12 am

THE AUTHOR??

7. Jill Stapley / Jun 18 2012 11:13 am

The guys in her books, silly. Not the author. Gosh Sarah.

8. Sarah / Jun 18 2012 11:14 am

It’s too heavy for me. Unrealistic. I’m sorry, but older characters don’t have that kind of passion in their life.

9. Jill Stapley / Jun 18 2012 11:15 am

Umm… and HOW OLD ARE YOU MISS I’m Only Sixteen?? I don’t think you can understand about older characters romances. Sorry, sis.

10. Sarah / Jun 18 2012 11:15 am

I’m SEVENTEEN. Well, in three months.

11. Chersti Nieveen / Jun 18 2012 11:20 am

Summer: I totally cried when I read EVERNEATH, too. I can’t wait for the next book. Brodi’s going to reveal the cover for book 2 on her blog sometime this week.

Jill and Sarah: Holy Cow dear sisters! I step away from the blog for 2 seconds, and you two are almost at war.

12. Jenilyn Collings / Jun 19 2012 6:35 pm

GILBERT BLYTHE!!! Does he even count? I mean, how long have those books been out? Some others that I loved (and haven’t been listed) are Oliver in THE STATISTICAL PROBABILITY OF LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT, Owen from JUST LISTEN, and Sean Griswold from SEAN GRISWOLD’S HEAD. All contemporaries, apparently.